Prop Trading Firm
70-90K EUR Base
Our Client, an Amsterdam-based proprietary trading house is looking for an experienced Database Engineer to join their growing team. Their specialization lies in trading financial instruments associated with market volatility, which serves as the basis for their continuous exploration of opportunities spanning a wide array of asset classes on major international exchanges and trading platforms.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for optimizing, monitoring and automating the databases. You will ensure optimal database performance by analyzing database issues and monitoring database performance relating to trading activity.
- Optimization of current set-up
- Monitoring of current set-up
- Identifying improvements
- Automation & DevOps focus
- Big Data interest & data storage (data lakes)
- Workshops & training
- Experience with PostgresSQL/MySQL databases.
- Highly experienced in working on Linux environments.
- Scripting experience (Shell/Python preferred).
- Experience with TimescaleDB.
- Scripting experience (Bash/Python preferred).
- A background working within Finance or Trading.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Technology, or a related field of study.
- End-to-end delivery experience.