Position Summary: We are seeking a skilled Finance and Accounting Analyst to join our dynamic team at the DIFC. The successful candidate will play a key role in managing financial transactions, preparing financial reports, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of financial reports to regulatory authorities.
- Conduct variance analysis and provide insights into financial performance.
General Ledger Management:
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger accounts.
- Record journal entries and ensure accuracy of financial data.
- Perform month-end and year-end closing procedures.
Accounts Payable and Receivable:
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable processes.
- Monitor outstanding payments and follow up with clients/vendors as needed.
- Process invoices, expense claims, and reimbursements.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor actual performance against budgeted figures and provide recommendations for improvement.
Compliance and Regulatory Reporting:
- Ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations and standards.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory reports and filings.
- Conduct financial modeling, including scenario analysis and sensitivity testing.
- Provide insightful analysis on key financial metrics and trends.
Cash Flow Management:
- Monitor cash flow and manage liquidity to meet operational needs.
- Recommend strategies for optimizing cash management.
- Facilitate the annual external audit process.
- Prepare supporting schedules and documentation for auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. (CPA, ACCA, or similar professional certification is a plus)
- years of relevant finance and accounting experience, preferably in a financial services environment.
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other relevant accounting principles.
- Proficiency in using financial software and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in financial reporting.