We are partnered with a VC firm who are seeking an Investment Associate with a strong investment background to join the team. We wish to identify someone with a true passion for impact investing and a hunger to grow in an entrepreneurial environment. As a small team, the firm have a collegiate, start-up feel, which means that each team member is able to make a real impact from the offset and the trajectory for growth is rapid.
The key responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to:
Be a gatekeeper for all portfolio company activities, including:
- Critically reviewing of all materials receive.
- Providing analysis of performance and preparations for exit.
- Reviewing Board materials and assisting the Partners to prepare for meeting.
- Tracking of monthly/quarterly financial information.
- Financial modelling incl. capitalization tables, shareholding analysis, operating models, cash flow forecasts, comparable-based and DCF valuations.
- Analysis and support for execution of new funding rounds, acquisitions, disposals, spin-offs, IPOs, strategic sales and participation in negotiation of terms.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a reputable investment bank or private equity / venture capital firm, with demonstrable transaction experience.
- Candidates with relevant experience in corporate finance or transaction services will also be considered.
- Experience with life sciences investments is essential, although at the least a candidate must express a natural curiosity in the subject and eagerness to learn more about the sector.