The BD Manager will play a pivotal part in expanding our client's business activities in West Africa. As a Business Development Manager, you will have a cross-product focus, managing spot and short-term contracts, negotiating storages, and driving various initiatives to enhance the company's presence in the region.
Market Analysis: Conduct in-depth market research to identify new business opportunities and trends in the West African oil trading landscape.
Stakeholder Engagement: Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, suppliers, and industry partners.
Contract Negotiation: Manage spot and short-term contracts, ensuring favorable terms and conditions for the organization.
Storage Negotiation: Lead negotiations for storage facilities, optimizing storage capacities to support trading activities.
Strategic Planning: Develop and implement strategic plans to drive business growth and achieve revenue targets.
Risk Management: Assess and manage risks associated with business development activities, ensuring compliance with industry regulations.
Collaboration: Work closely with internal teams, including trading, operations, and finance, to align strategies and achieve business objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience in Business Development within the oil trading industry.
- Strong understanding of West African markets and trading dynamics.
- Negotiation skills with a successful track record in contract and storage negotiations.
- Cross-product knowledge and familiarity with spot and short-term contracts.
- Ability to work independently and deliver results in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Willingness to travel frequently within West Africa.