Our client is an emerging Asia-based boutique private equity real estate investment manager focused on delivering returns for investors through its direct real estate private equity funds. The fund's investment strategies are value-add and opportunistic.
Since 2013, the Company has been active only in developed overseas real estate markets such as the UK, Europe, and US with a focus on the residential living sector, specifically student housing, multifamily / Build To Rent, and other alternative real estate.
The Company is seeking to hire an Investment Analyst to join its lean Investment team based in Hong Kong. The analyst will have the opportunity to be working in a dynamic, fast-paced, collegial working environment with an established team that have been working together for many years.
The Investment team is seeking a curious, results-oriented individual who is a quick learner and possesses strong problem-solving, communication, financial modelling, and writing skills. Strong time management, work ethic, judgement, and drive to learn are essential to excel, especially in a highly entrepreneurial working environment.
The Investment Analyst will be providing transactional, portfolio management, and fundraising support within the Investment team. He/she will be working very closely with colleagues to help assess and justify selected deals that align with the clients desired markets and investment strategies along with day-to-day asset management and investor reporting.
The incumbent will assist with underwriting new acquisitions, managing existing investments, research / building solid investment theses, and delivering the requisite internal approval documents. He / she will gain significant exposure to all aspects of putting together and supporting the active management of investments throughout the whole investment life cycle – from research, investment, management, and divestment.
· Perform relevant real estate industry / market research, synthesize / distill data, and build compelling investment theses for internal research, decision-making, and product development purposes;
· Conduct rigorous investment analysis and analyse potential acquisitions from quantitative / qualitative perspectives; heavy emphasis placed on quantitative aspects of the deal – candidate must be highly proficient with Excel-based DCF financial modelling (real estate finance, ground-up development, JV waterfall modelling)
· Assist with the drafting of all internal approval documentation – Research Notes, Investment Committee Papers; candidate must possess a strong command of English and business writing skills
· Assist with compiling all fund marketing pitchbooks. Generate and review relevant market- and deal-specific content used such as marketing collateral
· Assist with drafting and compiling quarterly investor reports and fielding investor inquiries
· Assist with the management of investment funds to maximize return on client investments; monitor financial or operational performance of individual investments to ensure investment goals are met or exceeded.
· Bachelors degree required
· Masters degree a plus, ideally in a real estate or finance related discipline
· Minimum 1-3 years real estate investment, finance, development, or valuation experience
· Real estate financial modelling skills – intermediate to advanced Excel
· Fluent written and spoken English is essential. Fluent Mandarin and Cantonese are beneficial.