We are working with a number energy trading firms specializing in the power markets across Europe. We are looking for an experienced Power Traders to join their teams and help them expand their business further.
As a Power Trader, you will be responsible for trading power in the European energy markets. You will use either systematic or discretionary strategies and trade physical and/or derivatives. You will be expected to develop and execute profitable trading strategies, analyse market trends, and manage risk effectively.
• Develop and execute profitable trading strategies in power markets
• Conduct thorough market analysis to identify trading opportunities
• Monitor market trends, news, and economic data to make informed trading decisions
• Manage risk effectively and optimize trading positions
• Collaborate with other traders and analysts to share insights and improve trading strategies
• Build and maintain relationships with key market participants and counterparties
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in power trading in the European energy markets
• Strong track record of profitability and risk management
• Experience trading either physical or/and derivatives
• Familiarity with systematic or discretionary trading strategies
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment